Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hi - my name is Derrick. And I'm a crank.

Isn't that my right, as an American? No, I'm not saying that there is - or even should be - a section of the Constitution, which expresses all of the rights and privileges of being a crank. What I am saying is this: the essence of our seperation of powers, federalism of rights reserved to the states and ultimately - the People, is that each of us as citizens has the right to be a crank.

In fact, with our Bill of Rights - speech, religions, guns, warrants, juries, silence and libraries full of rights unenumerated - it is clear that it is our duty as citizens to be cranks.

If we are not cranks - if we do not chafe at the bridle and spurs of authority - then we are not free.

And if we are not free, then we are slaves.




Me? I'm a crank.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment